Are you planning to study abroad? You should always apply for a visa before getting confirmation from university. You can submit application to get visa to study abroad.
You have decided your course; your dream institution has doors open for you and finally you are all set to study abroad.But wait, what about visa?
VISA is one of the most important things in the checklist you need while studying abroad. VISA is basically a document that gives you permission to enter in a foreign country. Every country has their own rules and regulations for VISA.
We recommend you apply visa at least 6 months prior to your date of travel in order to avoid any chaos at the last moment. Countries grant you a student visa when you show them the institution you have enrolled in to study only for a specified time of study.
Your first step would be the embassy website of the country you are planning to study in. Before that make sure you have a valid passport, the requirement for the validity of passport may vary.
No matter which country are you applying to, but you should be a bonafied student. Another thing that you require while applying for a visa is proficiency in English. Many countries would require a proof of your written and spoken English as that would be the medium of instruction. IELTS /TOEFL score would be a great option for this.
Let’s look at requirements of countries to get visa to study abroad.
If you are planning to study in USA, the VISA is not an easy task, we recommend you apply for it at least 6 months prior. Also, the steps for visa are different in all US embassy so you need to check the requirements of the one you are applying at
- While making a choice of the institution you should make sure that you dream of a SEVP approved institution by the US government.
- Pay SEVIS fee at least 3 days prior to the submission of VISA Application.
- Complete a US Student VISA Application
- Payment of VISA Application fee
- Schedule the US Visa interview with an embassy in your country.
We do not advise to book the tickets prior to the arrival of VISA.
- You do not always need a VISA to study in Germany, a resident permit is enough for the stay there for the time period of study. Germany has different criteria for both applying of VISA and applying for a residence permit
An adequate amount of money is important in bank account while applying for a visa. This would make sure that you are capable of paying your tuition fee while travelling abroad. If you do not have adequate amount of money as required for a VISA, you can borrow it from your parents, guardian, relatives for the time you travel abroad and return back after a time.