- Australia has the third highest number of foreign students in the world behind only the UK & US. This isn’t surprising when you consider Australia has eight of the top 100 universities in the world!
- It has a modern, highly educated culture with a thirst for knowledge and research.
- Australia has contributed to science and research through fascinating discoveries, high quality educational opportunities, and international collaboration.
- It is located near Asia, one of the fastest developing regions, so has immediate ties to most powerful economic hubs in the world.
- Australia has so much more to offer like its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system and high standard of living making it hot spot for international students.
- It’s a country of opportunities for career, new culture and adventure.
- It offers Globally Recognized Degree: Employers and universities all over the world recognize Australian degree and other certificates. Graduates from Australia are successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide.
- Living expenses and tuition costs are considerably lower in Australia than they are in US and UK. However, the living standard in Australia is quite high as compared to competitive nations
- Institutes in Australia offer a wide variety of courses and degrees so international students can easily find the school and field that are right for them.
- International students in Australia can work up to 40 hours per fortnight, allowing them to earn money, gain useful work experience in a foreign country and meet a variety of new people.
- Australia is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel.
- You can study at all levels of education from primary and secondary school, to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including universities).
- Teaching at universities normally takes place in large group lectures and small group tutorials.
Tertiary education includes higher education (universities) and vocational education and training (VET and TAFE colleges).
Australian Qualifications Framework
The AQF is a national policy that shows how qualifications relate to each other at each level of education.
The Application process generally is the same for most of the Universities however it may vary slightly from one University to other.
NeoAstrum assists the students to compile and process all the necessary documents to be sent to the Universities & Institutes. Our Counselor will inform the student as soon as an offer letter is sent from the University. The Universities generally take approximately 2 days to 4 weeks to respond and to process an application. Hence we advise the student to apply as soon as possible.
The documents required for the admissions and for the assessment are- all academic mark sheets and passing certificates of previous studies, work experience letters (if applicable), reference letters, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score card to assess English proficiency, ID pages of passport. Additional documents (Statement of purpose and CV) can be asked by the University if required depending on the course you have selected.
Under Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP), a student is required to submit certain documents like Student Eligibility Checklist, Financial Declaration Form, Pre Visa assessment Form at the time of submitting the application for admission to meet Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). Incorrect or incomplete checklists will not be processed by the universities and may lead to delay in processing your applications. Your counselor will provide you all the forms and will submit the same to the University for the Assessment.
For more detail: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Genuine-Temporary-Entrant
Deadlines & Intakes:
Australia generally has two intakes in a year i.e. February/March and July/ August,
However some universities offer courses in October/ November as well. Courses like Nursing Teaching, Physiotherapy have only one intake in a year hence we advise the students to apply well in advance to start their admission and visa process so that all the process could be completed on time.
NeoAstrum Business Solutions Application Processing Services-
NeoAstrum provides complete application processing services that includes helping you in deciding your choices of University & putting together your application. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality and a quick turnaround time once we get all the required documents and inputs from the students.