Cyprus is a member of the European Union and is a country with a highly educated population. Cyprus has a sophisticated infrastructure and is full of island charm. People here are open and warm and have a tradition of hospitality. The cuisine and culture of Cyprus are one of the best in all Europe. Cyprus has a high percentage of English speaking population. Cyprus is a preferred location for education due to its very low crime rate and high standard of living.
Cyprus is a dynamic business center fast-growing education destination. Cyprus offers an excellent standard of higher education with affordable tuition costs and outstanding student facilities. Although Cyprus is a member of the Bologna system, many colleges are based on the American system of education. Cyprus has a diverse multicultural environment and offers dual degree programs. There are approximately more than 40 thousand plus students from different countries are currently studying in Cyprus.
Why Study in Cyprus ?
Cyprus has become a very popular study abroad destination. Information about the study in Cyprus can be found from various sources. Cyprus is the ideal destination for study and research as a lot of focus is on innovating thinking and learning. You can also study in Cyprus without IELTS score and get an education that will make you employable. Some of the most popular reasons for higher studies in Cyprus are:
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in Cyprus is recognized world-wide.
- The main language of instruction in English.
- The standard of living in Cyprus is high and yet the living costs are affordable.
- Cyprus has high academic standards.
- The country is very safe and the crime rates are extremely low.
- The climate is also very mild and pleasant.
- Credits can be transferred to all other European Union countries as well as US and Canada.
- Scholarships are provided to all International students that cover up to forty percent of tuition fees.
- The learning environment is enhanced with the varied culture.
- Students can work hard and then party harder.
- Students are prepared to work in today’s marketplace.
- A tolerance for other cultures id developed and students are encouraged to work in a global environment.
Popular Universities and CoursesPopular Universities
- University of Nicosia
- CTL Euro College
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), Pyla
- Larnaca College
- Bachelors in Business Administration
- Masters in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management
- Masters in International Relations
The Application process generally is the same for most of the Universities however it may vary slightly from one University to other.NeoAstrum assists the students to compile and process all the necessary documents to be sent to the Universities & Institutes. Our Counselor will inform the student as soon as an offer letter is sent from the University. The Universities generally take approximately 2 days to 4 weeks to respond and to process an application. Hence we advise the student to apply as soon as possible.
Cost of Education
Depending upon the degree type the tuition fees for international students goes up to 3500 Euros for undergraduate students. Some specialized courses might go up to 7000 Euros. The tuition fees for masters degree ranges from 2000 to 2500 Euros.
- Applications must be submitted in person. However, for those who reside more than 200 miles (300 km) from the Consulate, the applications may be submitted by a registered courier, including a registered prepaid self-addressed, special-delivery envelope, for the safe return of the passport and the documents.
- For children under the age of 18 the written consent of both parents is necessary when applying for a visa
- One duly completed application form, signed by the applicant (or the legal guardian in the case of minors), with 2 passport- sized photographs attached to it signed and at the back by applicants).
- Original passport along with the copy of main pages, valid for at least three months after the date of expiration of the visa applied for. Visitors wishing to obtain a visa are advised to be in possession of a passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry to Cyprus.
- The visa for the return country must be valid for at least three months after the period of the intended stay.
- Provisional booking( or the Itinerary of travel arrangements, i.e. round-trip ticket with fixed dates) is necessary. You are advised that tickets should not be purchased before the visa is issued.
- A Hotel Reservation, confirmed by the hotel manager, is necessary.
- In case of a business trip, an official letter of invitation from a Cyprus company must be presented. Commercial document, i.e., certificate from the respective Chamber of Commerce and Industry, company's registration certificate, both in original and photocopy, of the country of origin.
- For a visit to family and friends, a letter of invitation, including complete address, phone number, and occupation in Cyprus, must be submitted (This may be requested together with a certified Assumption of Responsibility form, duly completed and signed by the host).
- Solid evidence of the last three months that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the intended stay in Cyprus, e.g. a bank statement or travelers cheques (credit cards can be accepted only in addition to bank statements and only with recent statement confirming credit limit. Please note that cash is not an acceptable proof). The original Bank Statement should be signed and sealed by the competent issuing authority. The Statement must mention the issuing branch telephone numbers with code numbers. The applicants must inform their bank to give the required information to the High Commission for the purpose of processing the visa application. In case banks deny sharing information with the High Commission, the application will not be processed.
- Photocopy of the tax declaration for last three years.
- A recent (dated within one month only) official letter from the employer, addressed to the Cyprus Consulate with proof of the applicant's wages/salary. If self-employed, a letter from the solicitor, the accountant or the bank manager of the applicant will be sufficient. If a student in the country of the Consulate, an original letter from the school or University addressed to the Cyprus Consulate confirming the status/attendance and the duration of the course.
- Bank guarantee letter from the host, throughout a visitor's stay in Cyprus for the period of one year and stamped by the Migration Department in Nicosia, so as to cover the possible cost of repatriation. bank guarantee letters are issued for the amount of:
- €854 for visitors from Sri Lanka, the Philippines, China, and other Asian countries.
- €515 for visitors from the CIS, and other Eastern Europe countries.
- €341 for visitors from Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and other Middle East countries.