- France is a country that has always attracted foreign students. It is their first choice when considering an education abroad. France has captured the imagination of many youngsters. It has always been a popular tourist destination with its unparalleled wine, food and the amazing natural beauty. According to the United Nations, it is the most popular tourist destination in the world. But it is also a place of learning and education. Higher education in France is one of the most alluring aspects of its popularity.
- France has a rich heritage of thinkers and philosophers. It has produced world famous authors, innovators, filmmakers and artists. Not only that, several scientists, researchers and mathematicians have been from this nation. With forty nine Nobel Laureates, France ranks fourth in the list of the highest Nobel Laureate winner countries in the world.
- Even today, France has a tradition of academic excellence. France is one of highest investors in research and education. French universities are ranked amongst the top universities of the world, with twenty two which are included in the top five hundred world universities. Not only do the universities in France are the best in the world, but they are also the most affordable. The tuition fee at the leading universities in France are one of the cheapest all over the world. The average annual fee for both international as well as domestic students is under one thousand US dollars per annum.
- France is the ideal destination if you wish to achieve world class education. Engineering study in France is one of the best in the world. There are many reasons why you should study in France and all of them are very compelling. If you wish to be a leader, France is the ideal choice for you while pursuing higher education abroad.
- One long stay application form duly filled and signed. Long stay - for duration of more than 90 days, the "Long stay" visa form should be completed.
- Two passport size photographs of the past 3 months meeting set standards - one must be attached to the application form (Size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, with clear background).
- Passport: a full national private passport or official travel document with a minimum of three months validity beyond the validity of the requested visa, with two blank visa pages face to face with the mention "visa" to affix the visa sticker. The passport should be issued less than 10 years ago.
- One copy of the passport mentioning personal identity and validity extension information, "note on remarks" page and all the pages which contain Schengen visas.
- Old passports: if you own one or more former passports, you must bring them.
- A print out of your Campus France ID number (NOC letter given by Camps France).
- A letter of registration from a French Academic Institution or a certificate testifying that you will follow a European Union Training Programme or proof of scholarship.
- Cover letter explaining the study project and your motivation, including a short curriculum vitae.
- Proof of resources: tuition fees + a minimum of 615 Euros/month x by number of months of stay (living expenses). Only liquid assets will be considered. In the case of family member/friend funding your studies, an undertaking must be provided on plain paper duly signed along with supporting financial documents. Bank statements of the last 3 months (of the individual sponsoring the education and the student's bank statements if he/she has an account in his/her name). If you are being hosted by a family in France, an "Attestation d'accueil" will have to be provided by the family (A sample of this document may be downloaded from http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/R10751.xhtml). In such a case you will have to show resources for a minimum of 300 Euros per month for your living expenses.
- Proof of medical insurance with coverage valid for France if you are attending a school or university for a stay which is less than 6 months, or if you are 28 or older regardless of the length of your studies (+ 1 photocopy). You will have to prove that the coverage is valid while you study in France with a letter from your medical insurance.
- One copy of your round trip ticket if you are studying 6 months or less (+ 1 photocopy) or a one way ticket only if you are studying in France more than 6 months (+ 1 photocopy).
- The "Office Francais de l'Immigration et de l'Integration" OFII form duly filled and signed. Download the OFII form on the www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/pdf/LS-01d_formulaire_ofii.pdf
- Accommodation during the first three months of the stay. Proof of residency in France such as a lease, electricity bill, title of property etc. for a minimum of 3 months + 1 photocopy. Hotel: reservation and necessary resources to cover costs. Accommodation provided by an individual: "attestation d'accueil", or attestation by solemn undertaking (in this case, the copies of identity card and electricity bill and receipt for rent payment or title of property must been provided). Accommodation in an establishment (or in an institution) or provided by an establishment (or an institution): attestation by the establishment or the institution.
Note: holders of a scholarship are not concerned. A certificate mentioning the amount and the duration of the scholarship is only required
VISA Fee: 99 Euros (in equivalent Indian Rupees, to be paid in cash at the time of depositing the application file).
Time process: Minimum 2 to 3 weeks. Maximum depends upon embassy.
Note: There is a separate visa fee to be paid at the VFS France at the time submission of the passport & all documents. For details, please visit - www.vfs-france.co.in