At present, there are 387 universities situated in Germany. They can be broken up into two universities numbering 110, 221 universities teaching applied sciences and 56 institutions that teach art and music. Higher education, universities, and establishments are wholly state funded. Alternatively, they are also recognized by the state.
One of the most encouraging aspects of education in Germany is the concept of group study and giving and receiving help from their peers. The students can also form groups that can study together right from the start to the end of their courses. An important aspect of the study in Germany is the flexibility in changing course in the duration of their education. This is possible not just from one course to another, but from one college to another if the student finds a different college better than the one that he or she is currently studying.
Some of the benefits of opting for a degree at a German university are in the form of student community participation, library studying, a language partner for getting over difficulties in German.
Why Study in Germany ?
Students who have the fascination of studying abroad may have questions regarding Why Germany can have their answers when they approach to study in Germany consultants who can provide them the facts and figures that will put to rest their doubts. Some of the facts that can easily be ascertained as to Why Study Abroad in Germany is the best option by far for students from all over the world are as mentioned below.
- There is a range of subjects that the students can choose to study from literature to music and also sports.
- Students can opt out of a course or even a college and switch to another course of college.
- A high degree of importance is placed on research as opposed to theoretic study.
- Students can form groups to study and subsequently present their papers, although group diplomas are not awarded.
- Students are encouraged to apply for jobs, even when they are studying which makes them comfortable in the overall working conditions of the German work culture much before they take on their first true job.
- Since the education system lays particular importance on research and practical aspects, there is the overall encouragement to innovate and apply for patents more than anywhere else in the world.
- The multitudes of questions that many students were regarded overall satisfaction among students, facilities for foreign students, etc. can be addressed to by the Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE).
Popular Universities and CoursesPopular Universities
- University of Hagen, Hagen
- Technical University of Munich
- Technical University of Berlin
- Accadis University of Applied Sciences, Bad Homburg
- RWTH Achen University, Achenl
- Health Administration
- Aeronautical Management
- Automotive Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Administration
The Application process generally is the same for most of the Universities however it may vary slightly from one University to other.NeoAstrum assists the students to compile and process all the necessary documents to be sent to the Universities & Institutes. Our Counselor will inform the student as soon as an offer letter is sent from the University. The Universities generally take approximately 2 days to 4 weeks to respond and to process an application. Hence we advise the student to apply as soon as possible.
Cost of Education
Fees for studying and living in Germany depending upon the type of university (private or public), level of study and the state in which the institution is located.
- Tuition Fee (EUR €)
- Public Universities: EUR 2,000 per annum (approx)
- Private Universities: EUR 10,000 – 30,000 per annum (approx)
- Two Visa Application Forms (please make sure that both forms are duly filled out and signed indicating especially the address of your future residence in Germany-(question 15) as well as your complete address including telephone No. and E-Mail-address in India).
- Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information.
- Three passport pictures according to biometric specifications.
- Visa fee to be paid through Demand Draft made out to the "Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany" in New Delhi.
- Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months along with two copies of all printed pages.
- Cover letter from the applicant, explaining the exact purpose and duration of your stay in Germany.
- Letter of admission from the German University.
- Proof that study fees have been paid, if applicable. In case the fees are not paid or due yet, proof has to be provided that the necessary amount will be at the applicant's disposal in due course of time.
- School Leaving Certificate of Secondary School.
- University Certificates (Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets).
- Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS, original and A 4 sized copy). Exemptions do apply in case of a written confirmation from the University that this requirement may be waived, for applicants for Ph.D. / Doctorate studies and Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Holders.
- Proof of accommodation is required in order to fill the same in visa form & to attach in the file.
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by any of the following means:
- Confirmation of scholarship/Stipend.
- Formal sponsorship letter from a sponsor living in Germany ("Verpflichtungserklarung" according to Article 68 German Residence Act)
- Blocked account ("Sperrkonto") in Germany in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of Euro 8640, & the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of Euro 720.
- For information with regard to the procedure of opening a blocked account in Germany please contact a bank in Germany or an international bank of your choice.
- Confirmation of an annually renewable bank guarantee from a bank in Germany in the amount of Euro 8640.
- It is highly recommended that the money transfer is made by international bank transfer. Do not send bank demand drafts, money orders or cheque to open the blocked account.
- From the moment of entering the Federal Republic of Germany, you are upon request required to provide proof of a valid Health Insurance. This may be done through a regular Travel Health Insurance bought in India.
However, as soon as you formally register & enroll with the German University & begin your studies a regular Travel Health Insurance loses its validity. You are required to get a valid Health insurance from a German Insurance provider to provide proof of a valid Health Insurance. This may be done through a regular Travel Health Insurance bought in India.Important Information
Student has to show the confirmation of fee receipt, after the payment of tuition fees. But in case there is a less fee & that student has to pay after arrival in Germany, then in that case student has to show Saving Account statement showing the sufficient balance that student is able to pay his tuition fees. Also student has to show the income proof of his earning family member like parents, & it should include salary account statement or salary slips, etc.-(It is required as embassy ask from where you will going to bear your next year living expenses so student can show this that his family is earning this much that they can support him for further studies & for further living) Sponsorship letter is also required from parents. Any third party can also sponsor so, in that case, income proof of the third party, sponsorship letter from third-party & relationship proof will be required.