Singapore is an intriguing blend of Western modernity and Asian culture. The city-state in Southeast Asia consists of the island of Singapore and about 54 smaller islands. Singapore occupies an area of 718 km², compared, it is the smallest state in Southeast Asia. Singapore is famous for being a global financial center, a shopping paradise, and as a spot for a variety of activities, dining and entertainment. The education system in Singapore aims to support the development of children’s strengths and social skills. All in all, Singapore’s students produce very good academic results and often pursue excellent careers. Still, the government is constantly working on reforms for the education system in Singapore to remain flexible and guarantee a high quality of education. Singapore is among the top 20 countries in the world in terms of GDP per capita and has a standard of living to match.
Why Study in Singapore ?
Singapore is counted among the top educational destinations in the world. The country seems to be a preferred place for Indian students Singapore offers a progressive education system with state-of-the-art facilities. The standard of education is excellent across all levels, The best thing about studying in Singapore is its proximity to India which reduces the expenses incurred in this country as compared to major destinations like USA, UK, Canada or Australia. You can balance out your costs if you plan your expenses wisely. Singapore's increasing popularity as a business & education hub has attracted a lot of foreign universities of repute to set up their campuses here. S.P. Jain School of Global Management, ESSEC Business School, Queen Margaret University are a few foreign players who have set up base in this country.
Popular Universities and Courses
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Technology and design
- LASALLE College of the arts
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Banking & Finance
- Information Technology
- Art and Design
- Business Related programs
The complete control and management of Singapore’s education are in the hands of Ministry of Education (MOE). Singapore can be considered to have a strong and well- reputed education system. As per the recent study, Singapore is ranked fourth in terms of World’s Best Education System. Singapore is not far behind in offering innumerable education opportunities to foreign students. The Asian continent is one of the most preferred destinations for international students in terms of higher education. A study in this country is not only prestigious but also promising. Being rich, comfortable and advanced, this country ranges and motivates students to study and enhance knowledge acquired.
Cost of Education
The cost of higher education in Singapore is quite affordable if you compare it with the UK or the USA. Let's figure out.
Tuition Fees (SGD $)
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – 10500 SGD$ to 15000 SGD$ per annum
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – 20000 SGD$ to 30500 SGD$ per annum
Go through the checklist of documents for the smooth processing of your application for Singapore:-
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- • Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- • Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- • Passport sized photographs
- • Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- • Resume/CV
- • Draft for application fees, if applicable
- • Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- • Additional Certifications and Achievements for Extracurricular activities