- The Academic standards of UK are among the best in the world.
- The UK education system holds an outstanding international reputation.Made up of four countries- England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom is a very popular study destination for Indian students.
- With some of the most ancient and prestigious universities, UK consists of more than 100 universities and around 165 higher education institutions which includes Universities & Colleges both.
- UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject.
- 16 years of education to pursue a Masters degree in most subjects are NOT mandatory. The Taught Master courses are only for 1 year & Under Graduate Program are for 3 years.
UK open up the links to Europe from where the students get chance to explore the history and culture of Europe.
UK universities and colleges excels in the following areas of study: History, Biosciences, Nursing, Psychology, IT and Computer Sciences, Art and Design, Sociology, Law, Engineering as well as Business and Management Studies.
UK Universities are known for its high standard and therefore, those are often rank highon the international rankings. Some of the best universities of the UK include Oxford, Cambridge, University College London, London School of Economics, Imperial College London, University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow, St. Andrews University, Warwick, University of Bath, etc.
However, since there are over hundred universities and colleges in the UK, it becomes important to know their ranking before making an investment in education.
- Applications for Bachelor’s degree courses are made through the centralized application system i.e. Universities Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS.
- Students can apply to a maximum of 5 institutions/courses only.
- 15 October for medicine, dentistry and veterinary courses and all courses at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- 15 January for all other courses except certain art and design courses that have a 24 March deadline.
- 30 June is the final deadline for international students and after this all applications go into Clearing.
- There is no single centralized system for postgraduate applications and students have to make applications individually to each institution.
- Deadlines vary from course to course and institution to institution. Our counselling staff can help you with identifying these deadlines.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Year X, XII, and all the Under-graduate Marksheet & degree certificate.
- Minimum 2 Academic/ Professional Letter of Reference from the College/ Work Place. One LOR in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
- Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extracurricular activities).
Go with IELTS- if applying to live, work or study in the UK?
You need to be aware of changes made by United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI), if you make a visa application to stay or move to the UK.
A new test called IELTS Life Skills has been introduced, in addition to the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic tests, which you may already know of.
The most common visa for international students entering the UK is the Tier 4 Student Visa which is a points-based system. As a Tier 4 (General) student, the student must have 40 points to qualify:
- 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (Your 'Tier 4 sponsor'), and for having acceptable English language skills; and
- 10 points for the maintenance or funds to cover your course fees and living costs. Source: UKVI
Professional advice and guidance by NeoAstrum Student Advisors.
Your experienced NeoAstrum Student Advisor will be able to provide advice and guidance throughout the UK student visa application process.
All visa applications to the UK should be submitted through the UK Visas and Immigration or one of its commercial partners.